Thursday 25 October 2007

October Octogons

Here's a couple of cards I ran up on my craft robo using a template from UK Scrappers designed by Etui. The cutout is surprisingly robust despite looking so delicate, but even so, being an incompentant fumble fingered fool, I managed to rip a part of the design when pushing out the waste on the turquoise card. But as they say , nothing is wasted in card making so I snipped out the centre and hid the gap with these enormous petal shapes, which despite what the photo shows, match the card colour perfectly. On the yellow one I have succumbed again and used a gold peel-off "Happy Birthday" Even though I am a bit snooty about peel-offs, I am beginning to warm to them and think that maybe they do have a role to play :)The inserts are cut from Pink Petticoat doodle-iscious papers. You will be able to see the cut out design far better if you click on the photo for a super-duper enlarged version.

No comments: