Sunday 14 October 2007

Happy Birthday Ailsa

I have used another of Shirley Anne's wonderful templates (which can be found at UKS) to make a card for my friend Ailsa whose birthday it is tomorrow. However I don't think I made a good colour choice really and it doesn't suit the template. I should have made the leaves in a different colour and I've used a peel-off "Happy Birthday" which normally I wouldn't touch with a barge-pole, (I got the sheet of peel-offs free with a rubber stamp I bought) because I cut out the happy birthday that is part of the template in the same shade of blue and there wasn't enough contrast. I've no idea where I got the wooden, gold painted stars I've put in the centre of the flowers. I've got a HUGE plastic bag full of them that I seem to have had forever (possibly from before I even started cardmaking!)Still it's too late now to start re-doing it all. It is also my dog's birthday tomorrow but she isn't getting a card, I think she'd prefer a biscuit. The papers are Pink Petticoat as yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this card Jackie, the colour looks good to me as well. I must get myself a Robo....I will need lessons though! lol...Lindax