Tuesday 25 September 2007

Oo la la!

I keep thinking I haven't got time to make cards and last night was no exception, I was whining on to myself that I wanted to watch "Brothers and Sisters" and I couldn't make cards if I did that. I've tried making stuff before in front of the TV and I keep having to trot off to get this and that and it stops being enjoyable. Then I thought I could do something if I tried hard enough. So I pulled a folder out of my craft stuff cupboard with scraps of paper and various half started projects tucked away in it and thought I could try and make something (anything) using only what was in the folder. And these two cards are what I came up with, not too shabby considering the restraints I put on myself. I did half compose another two that I was quite pleased with but the images I chose for the central focus were just off slightly colour-wise and I couldn't bring myself to glue it all into place :) .What I particularly like about this little exercise is that the images and papers are quite old. In crafting (as in much of life) everyone seems obssessed with having the latest trend in everything. The newest rubber stamps, the most recent embossing folders etc. etc. I like what I like and it doesn't matter if it's last seasons (or even the season's before) Pink Petticoat image stamp or the most up-to-date ones, I am going to use it only if I like it. I think this is why I have way less stuff than most crafters I know, I'm simply not "A dedicated follower of fashion!"

No comments: