Saturday 1 September 2007

Little Boxes on the hillside

I haven't had much time to be crafty but I whipped these little boxes up in no time at all. Back in the dim and distant past when I first wanted to have a go at card making there was so little equipment available and I became obssessed with the idea of getting a ribbler. No, it's not something saucy you have to buy at Anne Summers or a villian from Batman, it's a little instrument with two ridged rollers that you feed a piece of card or paper between , rolling it through and as the paper emerges from the other side of the rollers it is corrugated. I had to have one, but in fact I have rarely used it so this project was a chance to dust the cobwebs off it and actually get some value out of it. I used a tutorial here which was excellent (You have to scroll down a bit to get to the right section) but wouldn't they be wonderful for putting little Wedding favours in or at the Christmas lunch table instead of crackers. They took me about five minutes to make both of them and best of all I got to use my ribbler.

No comments: