Wednesday 13 June 2007

Ribbons, luverly ribbons.

Every time I go out to the shops I invariably come home with a yard or two of ribbon. I have started to haunt the haberdashery (notions) departments of shops with looking for something new and different to feed my craving. In the scale of things it isn't a bad addiction to have, it's cheap and it doesn't harm anyone and I know that other people have far more than me (It has never got to the stage where I have had to buy a spool - I think once you've got to this stage you need to start a 10 step programme ) The way I store it looks a bit messy but I quite like it like this because then you can dig down into the depths and discover something you have forgotten about. Even as I was writing this I remembered that I had bought some ribbon with Elephants embroidered on it and it wasn't in the box so I couldn't rest until I had found it.

3 comments:

little miss violet said...

I love ribbons! I let mine get in a big tangle in my sewing box, then have a very lovely time sorting them out again! :)
xx
ooh, Christmas card is v. nice. love it. xx

Darylynn said...

We have 12 Steps... wonder what more we have to do? Glad your addiction is manageable and stay away from the spool pushers! I need to make one of the UK avatars since it has that perfect golden retriever!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Love the ribbon....I love any kind of notion~ ribbon, buttons, rickrack :) It is a nice little addiction though and easy to feed with a small amount of money!
The Christmas cards are lovely. I'm a bit lost though...what does ATC stand for? (have racked my brains to no avail so please, pretty please can you enlighten me??)
Take care!