Wednesday 20 August 2008

Purple Rain

I seem to be having colour blocks lately. This image was stamped for me by a kind friend - I didn't know what high hopes were, so she sent me one so I could see. I have used some doodlebug flocked brads - I'm flocking mad - and the paper was bought at the Glitterpot and was just in a plain wrapper so can't say who made it (it was jolly expensive though, not at all my normal type of purchase but I was looking for some paper with a Japanese feel and this fitted the bill).
The main image stamp on the one to the right was also stamped by a dear friend, with doodlebug flocked backing paper and sentiment by Cuddly Buddly. Both cards show my rather cavalier attitude to colouring between the lines, I think it's because my eyes are getting worse as I get older. Perhaps I should invest in a magnifying glass of some sort. As a complete aside when I washed my hair this morning I got out my rarely used hair dryer (I'd rather let it dry naturally as my hair is quite coarse and I worry that it will look like straw if I use much in the way of heating implements) Anyway I noticed it was called a "Big Shot" - obviously a bit of subconscious crafting crept in when I bought this, so now I have two Big Shots!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Both beautiful cards Jackie, love the colours on both :) Great story about the hairdryer too lol! :) Donna x

Linny said...

Both cards are superb Jackie, especially the lilac one, which is sitting on my desk. :lol: Lindax

Linny said...

Sorry Jackie, had a Blonde moment, its a Whippersnapper stamp! :lol: Im off to the Isle of Wight on Saturday so chat when I get back. Hugs Lindax