Saturday 12 July 2008

Birthday Cards

This is a birthday card for my husband - not what I intended to create at all - I had a little A*muse golf cart rubber stamp in pole position on my craft table, but somehow this evolved instead. I bought this doodlebug flock paper a while ago, with no clue what I would do with it but I couldn't resist it's lovely touchable texture. The main image is a rubber stamp from Cuddly Buddly and comes with a cute kitten image as well (I've done another card with that which I will share tomorrow)It was coloured with Whisper marker pens and an aqua painter. The colouring looks better in real life and I'm quite pleased with this technique.The flower doesn't really add to the male-ness of the card but I got ink on my fingers and smudged it on the white card so it had to be covered up somehow :) It's attached with a gromlet (I don't like that word at all) that came with my Crop-o-dile Big Bite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie! This site is adorable! You are very talented! looks like this site will take my comment :)

I will be back when i have more time to really 'look'.

luv and miss ya!

p.s. the live traffic feed is not giving the correct location to where i live lol Moncks Corner is thirty miles from here, and that is where the "Moncks" live lol, i'm serious, there is a real live Monastary there http://www.mepkinabbey.org/

oh well, guess it's close enough!

huggs!

Linny said...

Hi Jackie. Love this flock paper look. Im always having to add a flower somewhere fingers or ink have been! lol.
A lift would be great thank you! lol. Lindax