Monday 15 February 2010

New Chairs for Old


We've had our dining room table and chairs for ever and they were 2nd hand when we got them, cast-offs from the in-laws. Over the years the regency striped fabric on the seat pads became grubby and threadbare and we talked of recovering them but never seemed to get round to it. About a year ago I bought some nice Cath Kitson fabric that went with the slub green walls in the dining room, but in my usual apathetic way, just left it to one side with the thought that I'd do it "one day" - Well "one day" last week my husband came into the computer room waving a seat pad covered in the aforementioned fabric and said "What do you think?" Well I thought "Hurrah!" and over the course of the weekend he covered them all. They look fabulous, I'm so pleased with them. In fact he was so enthusiastic I barely got a chance to take a before photo, he had whipped off all the grotty fabric but there is the mock up of before at the top and here is after.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I definitely think reupholstering like this is a man thing! Dave did the exact same thing to a couple of chairs we bought when we first moved in together. He did a grand job, as has D!
BTW the verifying word under here is 'regobs'...charming!