Saturday 13 February 2010

Delia Smith


I was watching "Delia Through the Decades" the other day and various celebrities got out their Delia Cookery Books and proudly showed how shabby and covered in gravy and chocolate they were from constant use. I thought I was the only one! As my other cookbooks sit on the shelf gathering dust only dear Delia is coverless and dog-eared and loved to death.And before you ask, I am NOT constantly making Pheasant with cream and apples, but the recipe above that starts on the previous page "Pork Chops baked with mushrooms, in a cream and lemon sauce" it's rich but it's the easiest recipe in the world and the one that most impresses. I have made it so many times (No wonder I'm so chubby!)Delia is my hero, you can keep your Nigellas and F*cking Gordon Ramseys! Delia will always have a place in my heart.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I wonder how many women there are out there, of a certain age, who also have this in the exact same condition! It's like a club....The Dilapidated Delia club maybe?? :o)