Friday 25 January 2008

Learning from my mistakes!

I made a series of Thank You cards for myself too, and although they didn't turn out quite how I'd envisaged them, I am rather pleased with the outcome. As you can tell I love Pink Petticoat papers and normally if I was making A6 cards I would print off an A4 sheet, cut in two and fold to make two cards out of one pattern sheet. The pattern sheet I chose however was designed in such a way that I thought it would be a shame to cut it in two as it would spoil the flow of the design, so I decided to cut my card to A5 size first and print the whole design, just smaller. It wasn't until I had cut all my card and loaded in the printer that I discovered that printing at A5 wasn't an option so I had to choose the nearest size to it, which left a bare stripe down the right hand side of the card, which when folded would be at the bottom. I thought about cutting the white bit off but then I thought it would look nice with the "Thanks" sentiment rubber stamped there in black ink, it was just perfect. Each card had a different PP Christmas image stamp punched out, matted on a larger circle of turquise pearlised card and finally matted onto a white scallop which I edged with matching turquoise ink. It was very quick to churn out half a dozen cards, much quicker than it took me to write this convoluted explanation.

No comments: